Located at the east end of the North Avenue of Zhujiajiao, the five-arch stone bridge crossing over the Caogang River from south to north was first built by monk Xingchao of Cimen Temple in 1571, and rebuilt under the initiation of monk Juming of Yuanjing Buddhist Temple in 1812. Then in 1998, a repair of it was funded by the Shanghai Municipal Commission of Culture Heritage. With its central arch 12.3 m in span, and 6.64 m in height, the two side ones 7.6 m and 5.4 m in span and 4.10 m and 2.9 m in height, the bridge is 69.62 m long and 5.34 m wide, with railings and lion-sculptured pillars at both sides. The stone above the central arch is decorated with a design of eight dragons surrounding a pearl and pillars at both ends are inscribed with couplets. One side slope is formed by 60 stone steps and the other by 52; three stone inscription steles from Jiaqing reign of the Qing dynasty are put in the pavilion at south side. It is the largest stone arch bridge in Shanghai area.
The bridge was issued as a historic monument under the protection of Qingpu county in March 1959, and became a historic monument under the protection of Shanghai Municipality in November 1987.
The blue stone stele of Notes on Rebuilding of The Bridge is erected on the south side of the bridge. With its title inscribed in intaglio on the upper part of 0.36 m high and 0.83 m wide, and 225 characters in 9 lines inscribed in regular script on the lower of 1.41 m high and 0.72 m wide, the stele records the whole story of its rebuilding in 1811 and 1812. Pan Yijuan from Wu county wrote it in 1814 and Zhu Anshan from Wu county did the carving. In 1991 it was discovered in the wall of a removed toilet at the site.
The stele of Prohibitions, of a blue stone on the south side of the bridge, was erected in 1812-1814. Its upper part with the four-character title in intaglio seal script is 0.49 m high; and the lower with the inscription in regular script is 1.54 m high and 0.83 m wide. It was issued by the Qingpu county government of that time to forbid people to wash sands, build houses or do cooking along the river and tie cattle to the bridge.
The stele of Prohibitions of the Bridge is of a blue stone, 0.48 m high and 0.86 m wide for the four- character title on the top and 1.54 m high and 0.83 m wide for the inscription of 362 characters in 11 lines at the lower. Erected at the north side of the bridge by the Kuanshan county government in 1812, who administrated the area at that time, the stele also forbids people to wash sands, do fishing and cooking, build houses, stay overnight, tie cattle, etc. at two sides of the bridge. Now it has been moved to the south side of the bridge and put together with Prohibitions stele issued by the Qingpu county government.